So, I was nominated by Mary (A.I. Mercygrace) to talk about why I love Jesus. No, it’s not the ALS IceBucketChallenge and it’s not akin to that.
I have always wanted to talk about this and I seriously wonder why I never did! Sheesh! Lord, have mercy on this here child…
Thanks for the push, Mercygrace.
I am one of those people who has been a Christian all her life in that my parents were church people. Or rather, my mother was a church person and very religious. We started in an Anglican church in Kano then we moved to New Generation Bible church and on to Revival Assembly then finally, The Latter Rain Assembly. It was in The Latter Rain Assembly that I gave my life to Christ (during Grandslam) and where I became a worshipper of Christ.
All that time, I had felt obligated to go to church, like it was something we just did.
I remember one day in school, while having a debate, Clarence asked me why I loved the Lord. I was like, “oh boy, which kain question be that? Isn’t it obvious? I love Him because He asked me to love Him.” And he told me ho ha that I was wrong. He told me that I ought to love God because He first loved me.
That was very new to me. I hadn’t thought about it quite like that before. I had always lived a life of obligation, I was raised to feel obligated…
At Grandslam, I made a decision to follow Christ… Ah, such joy and peace! 😀
♫I’m working 9 to 5 like I can earn my own salvation… tell me I’m forgiven and loved♫
I’d love to tell you why I love Jesus;
1. He sent His son to die for me and wash me of my sins even before I asked. He loved me first and in His love, I have found such depths of stability.
2. He really is very loving and caring and wonderful and amazing and attentive and
3. He gave me Red 😉
4. Despite all the stuff I’ve done to hurt Him, He longs for me and wants me close, even when I fall. He asks me to draw nigh to Him.
5. I love Jesus because He is not a mere man.
6. His word never, EVER fails.
7. ♫I have known the Father’s love for me, He’s been good. Through it all, He’s always there for me, He’s been good to me♫
8. He knew what I’d have to go through in this life so He gave me Adaora, Chichi, Uju and Obinna. Then he added jara with Edidiong and Oshanosen. Then He added extra jaraaaasssss; amazing people who show themselves strong on my behalf!
Whenever I sit to think about it all, I wonder why these people do these things for me, why they love me so and the only reason I know of is that God planted it in their hearts. One day, I will write something about these wonderful people and I will name names.
9. “For He knows the thoughts that He thinks towards me, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give me a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11) That sounds absolutely wonderful! The creator of heaven and earth is thinking about me, as in He has me on His mind constantly. Chai! Nna ehn!
10. I love Jesus and He loves me but what’s even better is that He loves US ALL. May you know His love.
God bless you and yours.